The CPG on Culture on Tuesday 1 March 2016 took place 5.30pm-8.00pm at the Scottish Parliament.
The subject was the artist as an endangered species, with particular emphasis on the visual arts.
The format of the meeting was:
- 5.30pm-6pm – Social Discussion
- 6pm-6:10pm – Introduction to session from Janie Nicoll, President, Scottish Artists Union
- 6:10pm-7.00pm – Panel Discussion
- Ellie Harrison, Visual Artist
- Ross Sinclair, Artist/Lecturer, Glasgow School of Art
- Robin Baillie, Senior Outreach Officer, National Galleries Scotland
- Rob Morrison, Founder/Director, TAKTAL/The Glue Factory
- Sarah McCrory, Director, GI
- 7pm-8pm – Group Discussion
For her contribution to the discussion, artist Ellie Harrison joined the meeting via video-conference. She captured the video from her talk and has posted it online: