This CPG on Culture was held on Tuesday 5 December 2017 at the Scottish Parliament, looking at Intangible Cultural Heritage. The full agenda was as follows:
- 5.30pm-6pm Social Discussion
- 6pm-6.10pm Introducing Intangible Cultural Heritage:
- Heather Doherty, Research Co-ordinator, Museums Galleries Scotland
- 6.10pm-6.15pm Illustration of Intangible Cultural Heritage
- Kate Sloan and Elma Clark, Sanquhar Knitters
- 6.15pm-6.45pm Panel Discussion, featuring:
- David Francis, Associate Director, TRACS
- Simon Hayhow, Director, Scottish Fisheries Museum
- Máiréad Nic Craith, Chair in European Culture and Heritage / Director of Research / Director of Intercultural Centre, Heriot-Watt University
- 6.45pm-8pm Group Discussion
Following this meeting Joan McAlpine MSP, in her capacity as the Convener of the Cross Party Group on Culture and as requested by attendees, wrote to the Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Constitution to highlight concerns about the impact any cut to the culture budget would have upon Scotland’s arts, screen and creative industries. View the letter to the Cabinet Secretary (PDF).
MSP Joan MacAlpine sent a letter to the Cabinet Secretary, dated 7 February 2018, which addresses ‘Intangible Cultural Heritage’. View the letter to the Cabinet Secretary (PDF).
See the Cabinet Secretary’s response (PDF).